PayPal asks me for money

Emily88alex78
Contributor
Contributor

Hello! I am new to PayPal and I need your help.. I sold an item which costed 100 euros to a lady from Nigeria. She said she will pay me via PayPal and that she will also send me the 100 euros +150 for the shipping of the package.. till here everything is ok! After that I started receiving mails from PayPal that I must pay 750 euros to make my account bussines. I paid but the status of the account hasn't change. After that they send me that I have to pay 800 euros for taxes.. And now they tell me to pay 1900 euros for costum fee! What is happening? Is it correct or not? Please tell me because I will loose all my money. Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Emily88alex78

You are being scammed, you do not need a business account and you don't have to pay to get one.

The emails you received were spoofs / fakes and not from paypal.

Once you paid they then invent other reasons for you to 'pay' to try and scam you some more.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Emily88alex78

You are being scammed, you do not need a business account and you don't have to pay to get one.

The emails you received were spoofs / fakes and not from paypal.

Once you paid they then invent other reasons for you to 'pay' to try and scam you some more.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.