PayPal/Venmo Button...DONATE Button is the answer?

mark4man1
Contributor
Contributor

Folks (& sharpiemarker)...

I think I fouled up.  I launched the webpage w/ the standard button code; & the amount to be paid was $1.  Then I realized that this code must be for a specific item for sale (on any website); & that amount needs to be entered into that code on the appropriate line.

To back up for a minute...the money is not going to be paid into 'my' personal paypal account...it needs to go to the 'treasurer' of our area.  Our website represents a non-profit organization (a local area of NA).  So I'm thinking now that my best option would be that of a 'Donate' button.  I noticed in the setup dialog of that button, it asks for the e-mail address of the recipient.  I didn't go that far in the process (the area hasn't yet voted who that individual will be)...but when that occurs:

1) Is an e-mail address all that is needed to direct monies to one specific account? (knowing that I also have to provide info on the organization)
2) If the donating individual has a Pay Pal or Venmo account, will those options pop up automatically when the hit the donate button?

thanx again,

mark4man

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.