PayPal Security Key

Cary94109
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry guys but real tired of messing around all these ridiculous menus and still being unable to get a NEW PayPal security key.

Here's the deal.  PayPal sent me a security keys years ago, when they first came out, and I've used/relied on it until a few months ago when no matter how hard I press the thing it won't display a security number.

Go to MySettings and attempt to obtain a new one.  I follow instructions, get a security code and am told the system is out of service and to try again.  I did this for THREE days.  I call, all automated, insists my call is regarding fraud because I said security key, says they will send me off to security and promptly hangs up.  Again, three times this has happened.

I need a freaking key and want someone from PayPal to contact me.  I run a large business and in no mood to be futzing around a ridiculous website that does everything but allow you to talk to someone about a problem they don't list on the site.  If these kinds of problems keep up I'm going to close the account and move elsewhere.  It just isn't worth the disrespect.

BTW, REALLY ticked that you make me id cars, then street signs, then cars again, then store fronts.  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Cary94109

Do you have either the key fob, or the card that says PayPal?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.