PayPal Screws Up Again! Post Your Experience with how PayPal once again **bleep** UP!!!

yh8
Contributor
Contributor

This thread is mostly an ongoing list of PayPal **bleep**-ups, especially as it relates to its website (don't bother with the Feedback tab - you know it won't do any good). The **bleep**-up you experienced may also include issues with Customer Support, applying for the PPP, and others. Let's begin!

In my endeavor to sign up for PayPal I was lured into believing that it took "just a phone number and an email address". PayPal brags about the simplicity ("Only takes five minutes...") in signing up with just these two items on their home page. Only after I gave them my phone number and an email address, I was asked for further information, such as:

**bleep**-up #1: the six-digit code they texted to my phone number. Their ad said a phone number and email address is all that's needed, not a confirmation code. Nevertheless, if you continue, then If you, like me, never received a six-digit confirmation code, then you're in the grips of:

**bleep**-up #2: In the Country Code section (or "CODE" in PayPal parlance), PayPal lists just about every country code EXCEPT the United States! "Vatican Citry" is the default country code. Now how am I supposed to get a confirmation code with a telephone number that has a Vatican City country code?! So, after my third try at re-sending "The Code," I get the warning that reads, "Sorry, we can't send a code right now. Try again later." Damn!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.