PayPal Scam adress Marcjanet1

erikkaras54
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i recently put my headphones on a sale, and I got a hit from a guy saying he is from USA and he wants to buy the headphones, so I said that I am interested and he said to send him my email, phone number, and my name and amount of money i charge for the product. I sent it to him and he sent me a message saying that he just sent me about 400 EUR more and that I have to pay it to a adress that he listed below. and I also recieved email into my spam folder saying that the buyer sent his payment into my paypal account, that the payment can not be reversed and that the payment is pending and I have to pay 400 EUR through Western Union bank and after that he would send amount that I charged for the headphones. So I looked it up and its a scam, so watch out for email adress "markjanet1*******com" he is a scammer. PayPal transactions are instant, if you have no issues with your account. and PayPal won't ask you to pay a fee through Western Union bank. just wanted to let you know to watch out. 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erikkaras54

Not silly at all, always best to check. I was laughing at the scammers trying it on and not you.   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erikkaras54

Yep scam has been ongoing for at least 10 years and is all over the internet and this forum, glad you were not caught out.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

erikkaras54
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I was startled at first but it was very weird that i didn't recieve any official notifications or emails from PayPal. But I researched it on internet and other people had the same type of email just a different sender saying that it is non reversable and you have to pay a fee to recieve a payment. I am glad that I caught it 🙂

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erikkaras54

Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

erikkaras54
Contributor
Contributor

Hi i just recieved another mail into my spam folder saying that the company who is in charge of the transaction is going to inform FBI about this violation if 400 EUR. won't be paid to the shipper. I just forwarded the email of the guy asking for money and the adress of the email saying they will inform FBI to Spoof@paypal. as was advised. is it alright?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erikkaras54

Smiley Very Happy  They often threaten legal action to try and put pressure on you to do what they want, just ignore them they are scammers.

Also do you honestly think that the FBI would be interested in a silly internet sale PLUS the fact they have no jurisdiction outside of the U.S  Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

erikkaras54
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Thank you so much 🙂 I know its silly and I thought so, but I just wanted to be sure. 🙂  I will just ignore any more of incoming emails and block the adresses. 😉

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@erikkaras54

Not silly at all, always best to check. I was laughing at the scammers trying it on and not you.   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.