PayPal Money sent - Pending status

OmarAlmeida
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

So this is my first time using PayPal. I sent some money to my friend internationally but the status is pending. Can anyone tell me what could be the reason. For me, it shows in the summary that the Payment has been sent but its still pending. Its been almost a month now. Can anyone explain what could be wrong. Or do I have to do something regarding it. I  tried contacting the customer service but they are responding so I figured someone out here might be able to help.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OmarAlmeida 

She would need to 'add' that currency as a receiving currency to her paypal account and then when she accepted it she can decide whether to have it automatically converted or added to that currency balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OmarAlmeida 

Did you send in a currency that she can accept on her country specific paypal account?

Have you double checked the email address you sent the funds to and made sure it was correct without any spelling errors?

Can she actually accept or receive paypal payments in her country?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

OmarAlmeida
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thanks for the advice. She had received a notification earlier stating that I have sent the money but the money hasn't gone through yet.

I actually sent out in Euros while the currency in that country is different. But doesn't PayPal convert my currency into the specified country currency to whom I sent the money to? How can I correct this or how do I rectify this now?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OmarAlmeida 

She would need to 'add' that currency as a receiving currency to her paypal account and then when she accepted it she can decide whether to have it automatically converted or added to that currency balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.