PayPal Fees

Aidan93
New Community Member
I received money from a friend in a different country, he sent me $29.06 but when I looked at my account it said I only have 27.48. I looked and PayPal charged a $1.58 fee?? I'm not sure what this is for??
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aidan93 

PayPal charges fees for receiving domestic and cross border (intl) goods and services payments. That's how they make their money to operate PayPal. If you were sent a goods and services payment in error instead of a friends and family payment, you will be charged the PayPal fee. PayPal does not refund the fee, no matter if it is an error. The fee for cross border g&s payments is 4.4% + 30 cents while domestically its 2.9% + 30 cents.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aidan93 

PayPal charges fees for receiving domestic and cross border (intl) goods and services payments. That's how they make their money to operate PayPal. If you were sent a goods and services payment in error instead of a friends and family payment, you will be charged the PayPal fee. PayPal does not refund the fee, no matter if it is an error. The fee for cross border g&s payments is 4.4% + 30 cents while domestically its 2.9% + 30 cents.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.