PayPal EMAIL phishing scam- BEWARE

SylviaM
Contributor
Contributor

I JUST RECEIVED AN EMAIL FROM A SITE CLAIMING TO BE PAYPAL AND IT LOOKED QUITE LEGIT. IT SAID

Your account has been limited 

Your PayPal account has been limited.
Your account has been limited temporarily in order to protect it. The account will continue to be limited until it is approved.
Please verify your identity today or your account will be limited due to concerns we have for the security and integrity of the PayPal Services.
 A "VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT LINK" IS HERE TO CLICK ON
After verifying your account, you can use your PayPal account to make payments. Your transactions will be covered by PayPal Buyer Protection for eligible purchases.
Sincerely,

PayPal

WHEN YOU CLICK ON VERIFY YOUR ACCOUNT IT GOES TO  ANOTHER LEGIT LOOKING PAGE 

DON'T FALL FOR IT!!

WHERE CAN WE FORWARD PAYPAL PHISHING EMAILS TO SO THAT THEY CN BE SHUT DOWN BEFORE PEOPLE FALL FOR THEM AND LOSE THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY? SYLVIA

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Ayesha

Hi @SylviaM

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

I am sorry to know that you have received a phishing email. Please forward the email to spoof@paypal.com. If you provided personal or financial information, please change your PayPal password and security questions at your earliest convenience by following the steps listed in this link. You may want to first run a virus scan, just to make sure that you didn't pick something up from clicking any links. You can also read more about how to spot fake emails here

I hope this information is helpful. 

Ayesha

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.