PayPal AND Venmo Button?

mark4man1
Contributor
Contributor

hello...

Setting up a payment method for my local area of NA, on our area website...so that individuals can contribute to the fellowship during the pandemic.  I selected the correct button array (from 'Set up your PayPal checkout experience').  That dialog shows 4 buttons (the 4th being a Venmo button).  But when I copied that code into my website code...only 3 buttons show up (the Venmo button being the missing button). 

So...there's something wrong w/ that PayPal code.  Can someone please help w/ this?

thanx,

mark4man

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mark4man1 

You have to have Venmo account and have Venmo payments enabled in order for Venmo option to appear. The options show up depending on the customer's device set up. So, if you do not have Venmo account yourself, the option won't show up during payment process.

"How will my customers access Venmo if I don’t have a separate button? 
Once your customer has enabled the ability to pay with Venmo in their Venmo app, they will be able to complete their purchase using Venmo after selecting the PayPal Checkout button on your site. 

Will buyers see the Venmo-PayPal button when they try to access my website from their desktop or laptop computers?
No. The Venmo dual button is visible only on eligible mobile browser websites for all eligible Smart Payment Button merchants.

Can buyers pay with Venmo on a mobile device via a non-Smart Payment Button?
Yes. Upon redirect to PayPal, opted-in users will be presented with PayPal and Venmo options."

Please read these:

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mark4man1
Contributor
Contributor

thanx sharpiemarker!

this is solved then, as far as I'm concerned...but one more quick question:
How does it work w/ who the money is paid to?  Because this is a special interest website...the money is not going to be paid into 'my' personal paypal account...it needs to go to the 'treasurer' of our area.  Can that information be coded in also, or how does one determine who the recipient is...where the payments are directed?

thanx again....you have been most helpful...greatly appreciated

mark4man

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.