Pay after delivery

Heidibanham1
Contributor
Contributor
My pay after delivery option is no longer available. I have checked it on a few purchases and it’s not giving me the option on any of them. I have never missed a payment or done anything to warrant this. Anyone else noticed this ? Only happened in the last few days. It was really handy too ! Is it PayPal trying to stop people getting into debt and not being able to pay ?
Login to Me Too
74 REPLIES 74

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helenb72 

Nope, after 15 years on here AND communicating with paypal i KNOW how it works, so........your welcome.

The offer of a 14 day ''loan'' is dependent on their cashflow AND type of transaction etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Helenb72
Contributor
Contributor

You actually said "I guess".  You don't actually work for PayPal so you don't know anything factual.. We can all make assumptions but the facts are -  Companies like PayPal are actually offering more credit help at the moment not taking it away.  Also they would advise of any changes before making them.   

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helenb72 

Your wrong, but whatever, couldn't care less really as would never use it in the first place.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Helenb72
Contributor
Contributor

🤣🤣

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helenb72 

Yep you are very good at posting emoji's well done, try READING instead?

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/pay-after-delivery-terms?locale.x=en_GB

1. PayPal has the right, at any time and at its sole discretion, to terminate, cancel, suspend or modify the PAD payment option, qualifications or eligibility for PAD, or your ability to use PAD.

But maybe posting little funny faces is all you can do, will wait and see?

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO PROVE ME CORRECT ??

⬇️                           ⬇️            

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Helenb72
Contributor
Contributor

🤣🤣🤣

Login to Me Too

thegoonden
Contributor
Contributor
Perhaps if you linked to the announcement of the withdrawal of the feature, it wouldn't look like you pulling things out of the air.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@thegoonden 

Because its not been announced as a PERMANENT withdrawal, they just limit its use sometimes which is understandable as they can't offer everyone a 14 day cash free loan all the while can they???

So sometimes 'most' have it and sometimes 'very few' as its offered on checkout if and when paypal decide they can offer it.

How they decide that is dependent on their cashflow like all banks that offer loans and mortgages and at the moment there is a pandemic on and folks are now finding its not being offered, well theres a surprise !! 

Can't link you to something that isn't there but read the link i posted above AND this reply by the mod on this thread....which is more or less what i have already advised.

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/Payments/Pay-after-delivery/m-p/2090472#M127709

Please be advised that PAD is not always a guarantee to every transaction. Sometimes it's offered, sometimes it's not depending on whether paypal offer it or not during checkout of an item. This feature has been discontinued in the US not sure in UK. Some said it's gone but after a couple of weeks or months they came back and said it's offered again. As what I have said, it is not available to every transaction. I do apologize.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Helenb72
Contributor
Contributor

I have spoken with PayPal they haven't withdrawn it in anyway.  Everything is ok on my account and it is all set up ok and they haven't changed anything due to Covid 19. There seems to be a technical issues which they are currently looking into. 😊😖

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Helenb72 

Yeah technical issues, hardly going to say they can't afford the loans at the moment are they.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.