Pay after delivery not available

Vickycals
Contributor
Contributor
Just that really, I usually buy quite a few items using pay after delivery but it hasn’t showed as an option for over a week now. Anyone have this issue? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vickycals 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.

Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction maybe and also the fact paypal probably can't offer it at the moment as they are working with skeleton staff?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vickycals 

PAD is between you and Paypal. The seller is unaware you are using it as they are still credited the funds in advance. No seller would post an item before being paid.
Funds leave your account at 14 days in which time your item 'may and normally has' arrived however you don't actually have anymore 'buyer protection' than any other buyer.

Its basically a 14 days interest free loan provided by Paypal. BUT its not offered on every transaction and you can only use it when it is, I guess thats down to paypals cash flow status at the time of your transaction maybe and also the fact paypal probably can't offer it at the moment as they are working with skeleton staff?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

migmtl76
Contributor
Contributor

So you're saying because of the Coronavirus, Paypal might not be offering this anymore (in Canada) at the present time?

Maybe it just doesn't exist anymore. I don't see it anymore 😞

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@migmtl76 

Its always variable, sometimes its offered, sometimes its not depending on whether paypal offer it or not during checkout of an item.

It has been stopped completely in the US so wouldn't surprise me if it was stopped in other countries as well.

Not just the coronavirus there are many other times that folks come on here saying it stopped for a couple of months and then offered again, as i said a lot depends on paypals cashflow at the time. They can't make 2 week interest free loans to everyone at the same time can they.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Blakey123
Contributor
Contributor
Not available in the uk now either
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Blakey123 

Not completely, only at the moment.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bhm4915
Contributor
Contributor

Just had a response from paypal after nearly 2 weeks of sending emails.  They've suspended PAD until the Pandemic restrictions are lifted then it will return to normail.  No Statement or nothing from them tbh i thought more people would use it now more than ever.

Login to Me Too

Col86
Contributor
Contributor
Have they officially stated this?? I have asked them about PAD and i keep getting different answers. The latest being that some retailers have suspended it due to the pandemic.
Login to Me Too

REL31
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

It is PayPal, not the sellers that suspended it without notice - shameful.

This is  payPal offer to you, the sellers don't know how you paid (card, account, PAD), they just receive the money through PayPal.

😞

Login to Me Too

ZoeCooke
Contributor
Contributor
At last a response from them, an honest one! Thanks for letting us know
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.