Pay US online store from UK

Clufus
Contributor
Contributor
Can I use a US store’s paypal link to pay them (in dollars) from the UK (my account is in GBP£). I tried to use the PP currency converter on the PP sute, but it would not work - I want to see the additional fees. Thx
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clufus 

If they sent you a money request / invoice or paypal.me link then just pay it in USD and paypal will take the payment from your linked card or bank account in sterling. Before you pay it will tell you how much in GBP will be deducted from that funding source.

If its a paypal.me link then make sure you tick the goods/services option and for any of the payment methods always check that there is a full description of the goods on that payment method before you pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Clufus 

If they sent you a money request / invoice or paypal.me link then just pay it in USD and paypal will take the payment from your linked card or bank account in sterling. Before you pay it will tell you how much in GBP will be deducted from that funding source.

If its a paypal.me link then make sure you tick the goods/services option and for any of the payment methods always check that there is a full description of the goods on that payment method before you pay.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Clufus
Contributor
Contributor
Brilliant! Thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.