Pay Pal is Charging a Percentage of Seller Income for eBay Tax Collected

ConcernedPerson
New Community Member

Why is Pay Pal charging me a fee based not only on the product sold, but also for the taxes that I do not collect. I am being charged approximately 2.9% on the taxes that eBay is collecting from the purchaser. I have no interest in this tax thus I should not be charged a percentage of the eBay tax. You need to get this from eBay. Don't charge me again for a percentage of their tax.  

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ConcernedPerson 

FEES are located in both Ebay and Paypals user agreements.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ConcernedPerson
New Community Member

You must be from Pay Pal or eBay.  Making other people responsible for paying part of the Pay Pal fee that we have no interest in is inappropriate.  If eBay charges tax and have the seller pay for the Pay Pal fee for this tax is fraudulent.

Login to Me Too

ConcernedPerson
New Community Member

Pay Pal should remove the eBay tax before calculating their fee.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ConcernedPerson 

Paypal processes payments to you from your buyers regardless of how that payment is made up ie item cost or shipping cost or taxes or anything else.

They would not know how the payment is made up as they have nothing to do with Ebay APART from process payments for them from your buyers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.