Pay Pal Stealing via Net Payment Amount

Temp20220130ah
New Community Member

I have 12 instances of my net payment amounts not being credited to my balance sheet in Activity. In addition, someone at Pay Pal changed my net from a single payer to a figure which is one payment less than the payer sent. There are no fees on the account, so nothing should be deducted from the gross amount, and the fee column is $0. Nothing bought or sold, so zero fees. It is supposed to be free to send and receive if not buying or selling. It looks like they tried to cover it by tampering with the net payment row and not crediting any payments to the balance column. The forensic math shows a single payer sent 12 payments totaling $237. Pay Pal credited 11 totaling $224. They combined a $23.50 payment from another single payer with the first payer and entered both payers receipts as the net payment on the line belonging to the first payer. Each net payment row belongs exclusively to a single payer. Payments combine only in the balance column, not in the single payer net row. Someone had to tamper with the single payer net amount and combine it manually to make it appear as if no payments were missing. The net payment row is not programmed to combine payers. If a payment had actually been missing from the payer, and no tampering was involved, the net row would have shown the correct amount of $224 for 11 payments from a single payer. Instead it shows after stealing one payment for $13, they did something the formula for the spreadsheet row does not do. They combined payers changing the single payer net for the 12 payments from $237 to $247.50, and pocketed a $13 payment. The combination of payers says theft as does the summary balance which was not calculated for all credits to the date in question, and should have been $260.50, not $247.50. The running balance looks like a disaster with nothing credited properly. I often pay Pay Pal for transfers in other categories up to 1%. If you multiply that alone by millions of accounts it is significant, not inclusive of all their other substantial fees for listing and selling. It is not as though they are not making money. Do they really need to steal from the free categories?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20220130ah

Not all personal payments are free. 

https://www.paypal.com/en/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Temp20220130ah
New Community Member
It is free to send and receive unless buying or selling tangible goods. If there had been a fee deducted from any gross amount, it would have shown in the fee column. The fee column is $0. There were none applicable. The combining of payers in the net row is not programmed. That is the indicator for theft. No fees applied, and fees do not explain what the spreadsheet shows as a combined net.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.