Partner fee

Claire-Stacey
Contributor
Contributor

I need some help please. What is a partner fee? Nothing mentioned before payment was made. Would of chosen another payment method had I known I would get charged two fees.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

SFOF
New Community Member

Partner fees are seller fees assessed by the website an item is sold from and are not part of the fees for using our services to receive money.

"by the website an item is sold from".. for me,  this is ebay. Ebay takes all their fees in other ways so this is not coming from ebay and ebay directs me to paypal. . How can i find who is taking this money out of my account. I says to find it in orders/ebay and it's not there, not hing i can find and any  questions regarding this Partner fee directs me to this answer. It feels like i am going in a circle

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

PayPal_Michelle

Hello @Claire-Stacey,

Thank you so much for joining the PayPal Community, and I'm so sorry that the community was not able to answer your question. 

Partner fees are seller fees assessed by the website an item is sold from and are not part of the fees for using our services to receive money. I am very sorry for any confusion this may have caused you, and the best place to look for the terms for this fee and how it is totaled would be on the service you used to sell the item. It's a pretty common practice for most selling services because it allows them to deduct their fee with each item sold instead of a separate billing. 

I hope this helps and thank you again for joining the Community!

Michelle

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

MocoArts
New Community Member

So how do we know who this partner is? We don't sell things, we only receive donations, yet some unknown partner is getting money that should be going to the non-profit.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @MocoArts,

A partner fee is different from the PayPal fee for using our services to receive payments and will usually say in the transaction details. An example of a partner fee would be the website Grailed who currently charges a 6% fee for sales on their website. When a seller sells something on Grailed, our fee is deducted within the transaction itself and then Grailed's 6% partner fee is deducted separately. I apologize that I don't know what website you accept donations on or if they charge a fee independent from ours, but it looks like you're located in the US where our standard fee is 2.9% + $0.30 USD to receive payments. If you're a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit, then our fee is 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction. If you're being charged a partner fee in addition to our fee, then you would need to review the terms and services of what website you use to promote your non-profit organization. 

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Unclewillie
New Community Member

I was so confused by this topic I called E-bay and the partner fees are for Sales Tax added to the price a buyer pays for instance I sold an item on E-bay for $12.00. The Total paid into my PayPal account was $17.16 as shown. PayPal collected their fee .80 and pulled the $1.16 to pay the sales tax. E-bay will pull their fees when they invoice me at the end of the month. 

Subtotal$12.00
Shipping$4.00
Tax*$1.16
Total$17.16
Login to Me Too

singhen
Contributor
Contributor

Hm. The wesite I sold my record from charges 200 sek for that but but Paypal made it 250 sek.  20% difference. How come. My currency is set to sek both on website and on paypal.

Login to Me Too

Qcbrink
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item on eBay. Is the partner fee basically the eBay fees when an item sells? If so, should I still have to worry about paying my eBay seller fees? The item was purchased for $25 and the “partner fee” was $2.00. According to eBay, I was also charge the “final value fees as well” I feel like BH I’m being charged twice.
Login to Me Too

Stlreseller
Contributor
Contributor
Did you ever find an answer of why you are being charged a partner fee by ebay? I am also and have no idea why.
Login to Me Too

Smaguilar
Contributor
Contributor
The partner fee is the fee you're charged for "promoting" your listing on eBay. Whatever percentage you'd agreed to when deciding to promote your listing.
Login to Me Too

sidrainam
New Community Member

This does not make any sense. Paypal already charges 2% fee and on top of it charge another fee under title of "partner fee". Who is this partner? We do not sell items on paypaal, or paypal doe not do any advertisement for our items or no other paypal partner works for us. Then why this "Partner" is charging us? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.