Part payment with PayPal

memorgan
Contributor
Contributor

Im selling a telescope to a friend of a friend.  He has some cash and the remainder he wants to transfer from his PayPal account to mine.  Is this a safe way to do this?  Im concerned about being "burned" if he then decides, after collecting the scope, to try to claw the money back.  In addition to this, if there is a problem, then it might impact my friendship too, which I would obviously prefer to avoid.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You may want to consider sending an invoice - doing so can help with any documentation that may be needed down the road should questions come up.   Note, there's one catch - per the User Agreement for seller protection:

If the item is delivered in person or if the Payment Recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a “work address” or a “gift” address) then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.

If your item cannot be shipped and tracked or it's exchanged in person, perhaps your better option would be to do an all "cash" deal - you may save yourself a future headache and possibly your friendship.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

You may want to consider sending an invoice - doing so can help with any documentation that may be needed down the road should questions come up.   Note, there's one catch - per the User Agreement for seller protection:

If the item is delivered in person or if the Payment Recipient posts the item to a different address (for example, if the buyer asks that you send to another address on the basis that it is a “work address” or a “gift” address) then you will not be eligible for re-imbursement under the terms of the programme.

If your item cannot be shipped and tracked or it's exchanged in person, perhaps your better option would be to do an all "cash" deal - you may save yourself a future headache and possibly your friendship.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.