Papal account suspended email

Kirsty6
Contributor
Contributor

I received an email saying my account is suspended ? Is this a scam as I am still using my PayPal? And have no messages on my PayPal account

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kirsty6

Sounds like a spoof, if it is DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/ text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email to ''cancel'' the transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kirsty6

Sounds like a spoof, if it is DO NOT USE ANY LINK.

Firstly if the email/ text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email to ''cancel'' the transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kytlew1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I've received the same email today also, I've attached the screen shot - I clicked on the 'log in now' link and it went to a very convincing front page to input your details onto (I stopped there as the website URL box didn't state PayPal).

I've found it very frustrating with regards to finding an email address on the PayPal website for a 'Fraud Services' to forward this email onto and hopefully get some advise back on whether my account has been compromised.PayPal Fraud Email.jpg

Login to Me Too

Kirsty6
Contributor
Contributor
That's exactly what I've received I've ignored it but think maybe I should ring PayPal and find out if It is them or a scam
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kirsty6

@kytlew1

Did you read my post above?

If you did then you can see from the info I provided that its a scam.

From the first line where it says Hi !!!! Paypal address you by your full name............ as per my post above.

Paypal do not tell you to log in via an unsafe link in an email........as per my post above.

Paypal would tell you to go to the resolution centre..............as per my post above.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kytlew1
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the snappy response 😉
Login to Me Too

Kirsty6
Contributor
Contributor
Yep I did read it thanks for replying so rudely
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kirsty6

@kytlew1

Your very welcome, so glad I gave up my time to try and save you from being scammed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kelz222
New Community Member
Ignore it it's a scam, they ask for Ur middle name, d.o.b, mother's Maiden name, address, card number and CVV number!! There's no way PayPal wud Al's u to confirm all that! Best thing to do it not open it and delete it straight away. Just a way of getting all Ur personal details.
Login to Me Too

wanthony22
Contributor
Contributor

i received the same but not click any link til checking i could log into my account and see if anything came up which itdidn't do i just delete it without doing anthing else

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.