PHISHING ALERT Springfield Armory

Tomfradan
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody else received a notice from PP saying you have just made a payment to Springfield Armory?

Pls can you help?

I am in UK where we are not allowed to have guns or ammo yet here is a notification saying I have just spent $499.00 with Springfield Armory.

How do I make sense of this. Sorry for being so naive, this is a first for me.

Thank you for reading this far,

Rob

Suspect fraud. I am in UK. Email rec'd from PP today says I paid $99.00 to Springfield Amory. Could not have done. No record of any such transaction on My Accoun. KINLY STOP PAYMENT IMMEDITELY!!!

Login to Me Too
28 REPLIES 28

Sasa2676
I got the same email.
Login to Me Too

Sweetcheetah
Contributor
Contributor

I totally think it's A scam, Number one, it does NOT have "Bill to:" information so that's number one sign that's not legit.  Number two, that link to unsubscribe? at the top right, doesn't work so that's another red flag.  Number 3, NOT a PayPal 1-800 or legitimate phone number included.  I mean there's NO PayPal link on it.  Nor any link to link back to any review of the transaction at hand.  Yeah, that's definitely for you to fall for you to call that whatever number that is and trying to get your information illegally.  

Login to Me Too

Ginaram
New Community Member

I received the same email but for a larger amount.  Scared me.

Login to Me Too

neofito64

I received an email as well and although the sender's label was using PayPal—"Online PayPal Receipt"—the additional labeling was the first clue it was fraudulent since I've never received a PayPal "receipt" with that moniker. Of course, most email services reveal the actual sender and it had an email address of an individual with a gmail account. The invoice claimed my credit card would be charged $899 for payment to Springfield Armory LLC in Louisiana and that I don't have to do anything further. Of course, there are the usual traps offered by this phishing scheme—coupon code that I'm sure once you click on will have unfavorable results for the clicker and a "toll free number" with an area code that screams "not free and I will steal your information should you call."

Login to Me Too

Oldsweeper
New Community Member

I sometimes get these twice a day, or more. Today, I am trying to go into my email and make a filter rule, where anything with '(Whatever) Armory' will be blocked. I am not sure which email providers offer this option, but I am giving it a try.  I also get tons of them for over-priced Amazon electronics. 

Login to Me Too

tintin0595
New Community Member

i got the email 2 from Adams Armory LLC in California for $499.00

Login to Me Too

John529
I just an email saying I sent money
Login to Me Too

AuntieBri
New Community Member
I just got this one in my email. Watch out. TheyCan be sly. I hung up and they called me back several...and now another time. No no no just sayno!!!
Login to Me Too

SRuck
New Community Member
Similar email from “Bolt Armory” and from a yahoo email address. Just shows an invoice for $799.99 for a micro compact mini and says to call with any questions.
Login to Me Too

Amaliz
New Community Member
I just got an email this AM about a similar PayPal invoice from “Bolt Armory”, as well. $799.99 for a “Micro Compact Mini” (that name is SO redundant, lol). Although I knew this was not legit, it burns me up that others my fall prey and call the number.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.