PAYPAL steals when widrawing money through forcing you to exchange #badcompany #steal #badfaith

dcrus
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys, my problem is very simple and yet very hard for a big company like PAYPAL to take care of it. I just think is bad intention, lie really bad intention. So it goes like this:

I have a paypal business account linked to my online shop. I am selling my products in US dollars. Clients are paying in $ and we get $ the company account. The problem occures when widrawing money. My company is registered in Romania and I have linked a credit card from a romanian bank in our local currency. When I try to widraw money from our company acoount (thats $) to the credit card (local currency), paypal does not let me to pick in what currency I want to widraw. It forces me to change from dollars do my currency with their bad conversion rate (2.5% conversion fee). Basically I can t widraw $ and let my bank do the conversion. I did not noticed this but at some point I was wondering why I am getting less money. I have talked over the phone with someone from paypal that acknowledged the whole story and said that I can change that but only over the phone!? Imagine that. So I have been loosing more then 200$ over the last year. They offered me 50$ as compensation and changed in the system for me to be able to widraw $. When I asked how is it possible that you don t have the option to widraw in $, and one is forced to convert automatically to local currency and if this was ethical, the guy said this is the system!? This is a story from begining of March. After this I was able to widraw $ and let my bank to the conversion.

Today when I wanted to widrow the earnings from March, SURPRISE: I CAN T REDRAW $, I HAVE TO CONVERT. THE SAME PROBLEM AS LAST MONTH. WHAT DO YOU CALL THIS? I call it bad faith and stealing. Can anyone help? I can t talk over the phone as they say then are not working. 😞

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

roberter
New Community Member

I have the same problem - only difference is that I didn't went that far as you did with telephone support. And as far as I read on Community there are loads of people with the same problem. My guess is PayPal WILL NOT change. Why? Because it is so big it doesn't have to change right now. Why it would give up an extra income if it doesn't have to.

I plan to create Revolut account and channel money through it.

Login to Me Too

GAmerGANGSTERSS
New Community Member

Hey man I had the same problem but I didn't as far as you did because It's not worth it

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.