PAYPAL TOOK TOO MUCH FROM BUYERS ACCOUINT

Cozboy
New Community Member

Email received from Paypal stating that they took £200 more than required from purchasers account for an item I was selling. I have been requested to purchase £200 Steam Gift Card to refund purchaser for this error by Paypal otherwise payment may be withheld from me. Why can't Paypal pay me the correct amount and refund the customer's money as it was their error. i assume that I am not being scammed by either the customer or Paypal. At the moment it seems that the customer now has possession of my goods but I am to be denied payment due to Paypal's failure to perform a simply transaction! Is there an alternative solution?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Cozboy 

Its a well known scam, paypal would never tell you to send money via a gift card etc to refund a buyer, they would tell you to issue a part refund from your  RECIEVED FUNDS that would be showing in your paypal account balance.

If there are no funds in your paypal balance then you have NOT been paid and the emails you were getting were fake and not from paypal.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.