PAYPAL IS HOLDING MY FUNDS

marielle44
New Community Member

I am writing this message in regard to a limitation that was set on my PayPal account. My PayPal account is on hold and I have funds in my account that I need access too. It’s been almost a month now and I still have not been able to access my funds. The limitation has lead to me being unable to withdraw or transfer my money. At a time like this holding ALL of my savings has been very hard on me and my family that I provide for. My small business is my only means of income. I invested all my money into my business and as result all my money ended up in my PayPal account. I have tried reaching out to PayPals customer service number but I was redirected by a bot until I was informed that no actual person would be answering my call. Limiting my account is one thing but holding my money for 180 days , 6 months is not right. I had rent due 4 days ago that I was unable to pay. I have groceries that I need to purchase that I am now unable to afford. This limitation is hurting me, my business, and my family. Please release my funds to me, that is all I ask for. This has truly made a hard time even harder. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@marielle44 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.

So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you are over 18, the account is in your legal name and registered in the country where you reside.

Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running and then phone customer services so that you can speak to an agent.
Then they can help advise on how you can withdraw the funds if and when you are allowed to do so.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.