PAYPAL Fortuniapri Sydney

bmac7
Contributor
Contributor

This company is fraudulently using paypal to take money ($180.33) from my bank account under the title Fortuniapri Sydney. It has happened again today. I complained to PayPal when it first happened and they have done nothing. Frankly they don't care. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Squidly
Contributor
Contributor
What does that even mean?
Login to Me Too

bmac7
Contributor
Contributor

It means that Fortunai is a Chinese company and someone is using that name (perhaps its a PayPal employee) to defraud people by getting access to bank accounts and syphoning out $ after they have made a purchase. PayPal was unhelpful when this was reported to them. Luckily I reported it to my bank who sorted it out and the money was refunded.

Login to Me Too

Squidly
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you so much for explaining that! After I posted my reply I kind of thought it sounded like I was being less than kind and that’s certainly not what I intended. Again, thank you for explaining that. I’ve never heard of that before.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @bmac7,

It sounds like one of two things are happening: either you have a billing agreement or subscription with that company that allows them to continue to charge you, or your account has been compromised. If it's the billing agreement, you can view and cancel agreements by following the steps listed here. If the account has been compromised, you'll need to change your password to ensure the account is secure. After you've secured the account, report the transaction as unauthorized for us to review. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

bmac7
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Ashley. I reported it to my bank and have received a refund through them. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.