Opt out of Paypal Snail Mail?

whulfc86
Contributor
Contributor

How do I opt out of Paypal sending me snail mail such as business loan offers? I checked in the notifications area but that only had email options. I called and the guy seemed to have no idea what I was talking about or how to opt out and he said he would escalate this issue which I'm sure will go nowhere.

Any done this successfully?

Login to Me Too
20 REPLIES 20

VitElec
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if this is a recent thing for PayPal, or at least in the last year. I just received two mailings in the last month for the PayPal business loan. It contains the same annoying one sheet advertisement printed with my account info. Did you call the number printed in the mailing, or did you call PayPal directly to attempt to opt-out? Since this has been several months since this was originally posted, I am wondering if there was any update and if you were successful in opting out.

Login to Me Too

mishakachina
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking for the same solution. I get the PayPal business loan junk mail too.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @mishakachina,

If you'd like, there is an option to opt-out of our marketing emails and promotions. The option is in your notifications tab if you have a Personal account. In your notification settings, there's a "Marketing preferences" section which will be visible here, and by clicking "choose what you'd like", you can then "Unsubscribe from all" marketing emails. 

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

VitElec
Contributor
Contributor

While that’s a good suggestion anyway, this does not stop the marketing mail that arrives at my physical mailbox. Even after unsubscribing from these marketing preferences that you suggested, I continued to receive business loan letter offers arriving in the mail. So it did not help to "Unsubscribe from all" marketing emails.

Login to Me Too

whulfc86
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_DerrickD  no that doesn't help as I stated in my original post I had already checked those notifications, problem is those are for emails and I want to opt out of snail mail and there is no option for that., When I have called no one has any idea how to opt me out either.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martin

Hi @whulfc86,

I am sorry to see the recei[pt of such promotional material is so bothersome. If you don't have the option to halt such deliveries, can I suggest you contact our support again to halt all paper communications? You will find the contact detail in the Help/Contact Us section of your account. 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

simpletix
Contributor
Contributor

@PayPal_Martin 

It's "bothersome" because some of live outside the US. We have mail forwarding or a mail handling service. The letters burn through our credits and cost us money.

Login to Me Too

mayhemslr

@PayPal_Martin  
That is an absolutely unacceptable response to a very valid issue that many people seem to be having with PayPal. 
It's intrusive, wasteful, and ridiculous that there is no opt in or out of physical mail in the user settings. 

I have many accounts with PayPal as I'm sure plenty of customers also do. To get piles of mail every year for a loan no one has requested is egregious at best and irresponsible of PayPal as a company at worst. No one wants their identity stolen and y'all are printing out magazines worth of mail every year with user information detailed that can aid in the process.

You can see the frustration steaming off your response with the clear misspelling of "receipt" then outlining you have no clear understanding whether halting all paper delivering is even an option for the users you're trying to "help". If you don't have a clear cut protocol in place on how to fix this, handle that internally before jumping in with spiteful comments to genuine concerns. I would be ashamed if I ever responded to a customer that way.

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

I just came across this looking for the same answer, Martin you are horrible. Obviously you've never had your identity stolen. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.