Opodo Ltd

Ocnjo
Contributor
Contributor

I did not have any transaction on 26 oct 2019 but why was there a transaction being cross. Hear from you ASAP

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

Rebeccalaurenxx
Contributor
Contributor
I got this same email today. For a very similar amount (around 130$). I was very confused, it looks like they’re getting smarter at this tactic. Usually what I do, is check the email it’s being sent from and usually it’s a dead giveaway that it’s not from PayPal but they really tricked me! If I wasn’t computer savvy, I think I could have easily been fooled as they made it look VERY much like a real PayPal email. I could see maybe someone not as “keen” on phishing scams getting fooled. But! The dead giveaway however was the SPELLING error made in the email. “Resolution” was spelled wrong. I knew immediately that it was fake, then I checked my account by logging in directly on the site. Do NOT click any of the links in the email! Log in manually through your browser. I checked my activity and did not see that charge — so. It’s fake! They are crafty, huh.
Login to Me Too

Wiles443
New Community Member

I got the same kind of email today, so they are still at it.

Login to Me Too

ITMojo

This a scam email before you open any websites check the address first and also the email that they sent is showing different email address which is not from PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Rmewifey
New Community Member
I compared an email from something that I bought to this email. Definitely a fake. I sent it to their spoof email department. It looks very real
Login to Me Too

wawaron
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah definitely a scam. I also sent it to their spoof email
Login to Me Too

Cimorene16
New Community Member

I got this too, but important to note, if something seems suspicious, look at the email address details. 

An email that is actually from PayPal just has:     

This email had:                                                     

AKA, the paypal email was entered as the NAME for that bogus email address, it isn't the actual email address. Remember to check this before clicking any links next time!!!

Login to Me Too

Ronio
Contributor
Contributor
Definitely a scam. The email address is spoofed. There is no transaction on PayPal. Don't click on any links!
Login to Me Too

ETimpson

Yes. This must be a scam. It wasn’t showing up in my transactions. I checked that after clicking on the resolution link to dispute the transaction. It took me to my apple account. Will I need to change my appleID now?

Login to Me Too

Bararosa
New Community Member

I recieved this same email, I suspect it is a scam. If you learn anything let me know.

Login to Me Too

dominic987
Contributor
Contributor

just got an email saying i got charged 259 euro, clicked on the link and looked at the address bar, its just a phishing attack, they want you to login with your paypal info so they have it logged. just delete the email.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.