Opening a separate business account with a different email address

SheliaOxford
Contributor
Contributor

I know that I'm allowed 2 paypal accounts as long as 1 is personal and the other 1 is business.
To open a second account just register a new account with a separate email address (as your email address identified your account) and separate card / bank accounts.  I've tried that and Paypal keeps sending me around in circles back to my personal acct.  never allowing me to choose a new password to open the 2nd account.  Frustrating.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @SheliaOxford,

Based on what you've said, it sounds like your browser may be saving your login information and auto-filling it. If this is the case, you'll need to change the setting on your browser to allow you to enter different details. I hope this helps!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

goalsurfer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, is that true that you may only have one personal and one business account?  I find it quite confusing for my clients that they always see the name of that one business account while they buy in a store with a completely different name.  Should one only buy one domain to do business?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

Hi @goalsurfer,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Community Forum!

According to our Terms and Conditions, you can only have one personal account per person and one business account per company. For this reason, the same person cannot have two personal accounts in their name and the same company cannot have two business PayPal accounts. In your Business Settings, you should be able to add or update the Business name. 

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.