Opening a Business Account for self employed Musician

carlosdacosta
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, my name is Carlos <removed>, besides my regular employment, I am a part-time self employed musician. I just made a website with SquareSpace which have the option for me to have an online store to sell my music. SquareSpace requires me to have a PayPal Business Account.

As a musician I am considered ‘self-employed’ and just need to fill a schedule C in the 1040 form. I don’t owe a registered business with the government.

My questions are:

• Do I have to have a real business with EIN number as a sole proprietorship in order sign up with Paypal business?
  •  In the Paypal signup process there is the field “Business Details” which should be a ‘Legal business name’. What should I write there?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey @carlosdacosta,

Great question! The EIN section can contain your SSN instead since you'll be the business owner. As for the business name, you can put your name, a stage name, whatever you'd like to represent you when you receive payments. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.