Online purchase password prompt?

Jax_
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I’m about to pay for an online purchase with Paperchase & have been directed to PayPal - all usual ... but it’s says “we’ve noticed some unusual activity & need your help to secure your account - change password & pin. I’ve separately logged in PayPal & there’s no mention of this there. Does anybody know if this is ok?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Sounds suspicious, how would a 3rd party site know anything about your PayPal account especially since you didn't login into it and there was no notices in your account when you did.

Login to Me Too

Jax_
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for replying 👍🏼 I opted not to use PayPal on that one, but on a following one I needed to do for another online shop (Claires) it did it again 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m always getting the fake emails but never this request to change my password & pin whilst paying for a transaction. I should have said before - this was straight after being directed to PayPal & signing in. I have just paid for something on Amazon where my PayPal is automatically all linked up with no problem, so I’m not sure what’s going on 🤔!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.