Offerup and Craigslist purchase

Dave1031
Contributor
Contributor

A seller on offerup or Craigslist says he will sip item to me if I use paypal to pay him. I don't know the person. How safe is this 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@Dave1031

You will have PayPal Buyer Protection if you send the payment as Goods & Services payment. Make sure to enter the details of the item you're buying and the condition of the item in the payment notes.

Also, you can ask the seller to send you an invoice or a customer payment request. Ask the seller to enter the details of the item you're buying, the item condition, how soon to expect the item to be sent, and what shipping company they will use in the invoice or request notes. If you're not comfortable with the invoice or the payment request the seller sends you, tell them to send another. 

Here is a PayPal link with details on Buyer Protection and what is and isn't covered.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Login to Me Too

jtwill18
New Community Member
Hi Dave1031, I'm in the same situation I was wondering, did you ever receive your item? If not, or if the item can in bad condition, we're you able to get a refund?
Login to Me Too

Pollockhse
New Community Member

I have someone on offer up telling me to use paypal to pay him for a cell phone.  He sends me a paypal invoice but if he is scamming me am I protected if the item doesn't arrive or bad IMEI number?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.