'Notice of Debit' Problem

iJamessss
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Everyone

I received a refund from British Airways, so I canceled my dispute in the Resolution Centre. However, I then got an email from PayPal stating a 'Notice of Debit' for the amount because they provided a 'temporary credit'.

However, I do not have any credit from PayPal in my account. I am now worried that PayPal will incorrectly debit my account. Have I understood this correctly? How can I prevent PayPal from wrongly debiting my account?

Thanks

James

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

legolassssc
Contributor
Contributor

I just had the exact problem! Just sent an email to Paypal, waiting for reply. Have you asked Paypal what it is?

Login to Me Too

Laudix
Contributor
Contributor
Did you get a reply?
Login to Me Too

legolassssc
Contributor
Contributor

I called and the CS said that I won't be charged. Would need to wait for 5 business days to see.

Login to Me Too

ashwalt
New Community Member
Did it ever get taken out of your account?
Login to Me Too

Evie2211
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve had no money taken out yet but I’m concerned that they will take money at some point.
Login to Me Too

Laudix
Contributor
Contributor
I also had this problem. Did you get it resolved?
Login to Me Too

tygsimps
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I also had this problem. Did you get charged in the end?
Login to Me Too

Evie2211
Contributor
Contributor
I’ve got this problem now and I can’t get them their message service what do I do?
Login to Me Too

ianken51
Contributor
Contributor
  • I am suffering from the same PayPal issue.
  • I made a payment to a vendor & as PayPal had the wrong details that payment went to a 3rd party.
  • I raised a dispute and it was initially refused as the payment had been correctly made. WTF??????
  • So I disputed PayPal's resolution and they finally agreed in my favour.
  • So I looked at my account and PayPal had raised a debit ("-") instead of a credit ("+") now stating I owed. WTF???
  • I have looked but Problem Resolution WONT accept re-raising the issue as PayPal calls it RESOLVED.
  • My feedback has been very, very negative, but that can only be general & I cant use my ID, etc.
  • What the devil is PayPal doing? I can only get their DUMB robo-help engine which promises (after repeatedly entering the same info a few times) to raise this with an operator "when they return to work".
  • I am at a loss. I wont pay what I don't owe! I wont make any more transactions and I'm waiting for PayPal to advise me if they've actually received my message as I can't get a TICKET for the message
  • From this experience I cannot recommend PayPal to anyone. Friends have told me of such issues, but until recently I've had no problem. No I just can't seem to get an adequate response from PayPal - 
  • Does PayPal understand CUSTOMER SERVICE?????  
  • I   T H I N K   N O T ! ! !
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.