Not sure if this is a scam or not?

lorissong
Contributor
Contributor

My husband and I were recently looking at RV's not on ebay but other sites.  We saw this 2013 fifth wheel that is everything we want and the price is ridiculously low 10,000.  The lady listed this on craigslist and has not listed it on ebay YET.  She also doesn't want to communicate by phone email only.  This is how she told me the transaction would go if we decide to buy it.  She also listed it as being in our home state so we could go look at it, but now she is saying it's hundred miles away.   This is what she wrote me in an email.  This is from her email.  I would greatly appreciate any help you can give me.  It all sounds too shady to me.

As I said in my initial e-mail, I'm going through a very rough period as I just lost my husband , not sure if you can understand but I would appreciate it if we can keep it at email level.It is in perfect condition, no mechanical problems and clear title, I am selling it because my husband died and I don't need it anymore. Let me take one moment to explain the process, then if you agree we can move forward. At the moment it is at the shipper's warehouse ready to be delivered,unfortunately I cannot make a direct, face to face deal with you as I'm out of town. I'll use eBay because I have used them and have never let me down with a transaction.
I have impeccable feedback on ebay and we're both protected through them.I will create a private listing on ebay which I'll give to you so you can hit the buy it now, after which you'll have to make the $2000 down payment to ebay , after the verify and confirm it , the shipping to your address will start and you'll receive it in about 4 or 5 days depending on your location, all the papers needed for the sale to take place will come with it. Once you receive it , you will have 5 days to test and inspect it.
If there's something wrong with it or it is not as I mentioned, ebay will return your whole amount deposited at ebay and I'll pay for the shipping fees back.Basically ebay will work as an escrow party and will keep your money into custody until you receive,inspect and accept it.As I said, we are both protected this way.That being said I hope I explained everything well and if you are interested in buying it I will need you to send me your full name,deliver address and a phone# , one I get that info I'll make the private listing on ebay where you can buy it.Once you click on the buy it now button, ebay will send us all the info needed about the payment and shipping and also you'll have a phone# from ebay where you can call them and ask your questions.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.