Non profit PayPal account

HAS770
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to create a not for profit Paypal account. I searched online to find out how to do this and was advised to start off creating a regular business account and when prompted, switch it to a non profit. I did so but never got any questions asking me whether it is a non profit and now I am stuck with a regular business account and not a non profit. Does anyone know how to change it at this stage?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @HAS770,

For information about setting up a nonprofit account, please take a look at this article. If you didn't see the step to select your business type during setup, you should be able to make the change in your profile in the Settings of your account. 

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

HAS770
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Olivia.

There is no option to change account type in settings. Here is a screenshot of my options -http://prntscr.com/nv6ivh

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @HAS770,

Thanks for the update. In your screenshot, I see you've selected "Account Settings" when you should be under "Business Information". From there, you should see the option to update your Business Info and change your Business Type (not account type). That should do the trick. 

Good luck!!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

HAS770
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jon,

That field is greyed out and cannot be changed.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @HAS770,

I'm sorry to hear that. At this point I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Support over the phone to assist further. They will be able to dive into the situation with a bit more precision. Thank you for your time and patience. 

Have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.