No option to 'accept payment' when payment sent by buyer

texaspast
Contributor
Contributor

I've been doing business on Ebay for 25 years and on Paypal for as long as there has been a Paypal and have never had this problem before. Recently I sold two items where both buyers initiated payment through Paypal. They both were paying by credit card through Paypal. On my Ebay page it shows that payment is pending. Both of them contacted me to ask why I had not yet accepted their payment. Problem is, I haven't received anything from Paypal giving me the option to accept payment! Paypal thus far has been of very little help. Anyone else had this problem and, if so, what did you do about it?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@texaspast 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

texaspast
Contributor
Contributor

Holy carp, that was the problem!  I used an old template for both of those and it had an old email address for payment!  Thank you VERY much!

Login to Me Too

Freemunji
New Community Member

I had the same problem and have realised that I had the same error. But how do I now fix the payments which have been sent by the buyer of an item to the old/wrong email address?? The money has already left the buyer's bank account.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Freemunji 

If its the old email address then if you still own it then 'add' it to your paypal account as you can have up to 8 on the 1 paypal account and the funds should show, if not then................

You need to contact your buyer(s) and ask them to see what it says in their paypal accounts either:
1. Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.
2. Pending / Unclaimed.
3 Completed.

If its:
Pending / Unclaimed with a cancel option.

Ask them to cancel the payment but tell them that it will take a few days to go back to their funding source. Then get them to use the "send money" > Goods/Services option and pay to your correct email address. OR you can send them a money request.

Pending / Unclaimed.

If there is no cancel option then the buyer will get their money back automatically 30 days after paying.
Again they may not want to pay you again until they get their money back so you may need to cancel the transaction for them.

Completed.

If its completed then come back for more advice.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ1467

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.