No mobile signal - 'Notspot' - How will I use PayPal?

markjnorris
New Community Member

Hi PayPal community, I have a concern regarding the imminent adoption of 2nd step identification for payments: I live in rural East Suffolk and we have no mobile phone reception on any network - a 'notspot' in phone jargon. How will I be able to make purchases using my laptop and home broadband service via PayPal without a mobile phone connection with codes being sent via mobile SMS messaging? Can codes be sent via my landline number using 'text-to-voice' options?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markjnorris 

Get a phone with wifi calling, I do as i have no signal and problem resolved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@markjnorris 

Get a phone with wifi calling, I do as i have no signal and problem resolved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

gandalf74
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Community,

I too live in a network " notspot" - no signal at all, with no prospect of any change. The single mast (EE owned) but used by all providers, does not support wifi calling. Paypal activated the "3D security" transaction code, using my landline at a time when (after lockdown) we were visiting family - I couldn't even log in to my account to see the messages Paypal had suggested (by email) I read.

The problem appears to be a misconception that everyone has a mobile phone AND signal. As far as I can determine, there is no transmission of security codes by email. Does anyone know whether the Paypal app can receive  codes and accept the users input to confirm? The present system ensures there is no operation of my account  - totally secure- including me!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.