Newbie question

DAKTEX
Contributor
Contributor

Sirs,

I have just created a Paypal Account linked to one of my credit cards.

I have never done this before, but when I go to a website and when purchasing something

I select PayPal as my  method of payment how then does the website

tie it to my Paypal account and charge to my credit card ?

Thanks in advance

DAKTEX

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@DAKTEX

If the website you want to purchase from accepts PayPal payments—when adding the items you want to buy and selecting checkout there will be an option to pay with PayPal. When you select PayPal you'll be prompted to log into your PayPal account and select the specific funding option (the banks and cards you have linked) you want to use as the funding source for the payment.

There may be an option to checkout with PayPal as a guest so make sure you select log in and pay with PayPal.

Also, depending on the website there may be an option to create an account on the merchant website itself (not the PayPal website) so you can log in and see the tracking numbers and order details from the merchant website directly.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Oregon11
Advisor
Advisor

@DAKTEX

If the website you want to purchase from accepts PayPal payments—when adding the items you want to buy and selecting checkout there will be an option to pay with PayPal. When you select PayPal you'll be prompted to log into your PayPal account and select the specific funding option (the banks and cards you have linked) you want to use as the funding source for the payment.

There may be an option to checkout with PayPal as a guest so make sure you select log in and pay with PayPal.

Also, depending on the website there may be an option to create an account on the merchant website itself (not the PayPal website) so you can log in and see the tracking numbers and order details from the merchant website directly.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.