Storm Media Limited, Fraud?

Jean54
Contributor
Contributor

As I was going through my receipts for taxes I noticed an entry on my PayPal for Storm Media Limited for last July. I order art instructional videos often, but I could not find any other info for this. I was charged $24.92.

Has anyone else had problems with Storm Media Limited? I didn't get whatever this company said I ordered. I don't know what it is.

I would like to warn others that this could be a fraud.

Login to Me Too
1,491 REPLIES 1,491

PattPattyAP
Contributor
Contributor

I paid "30 for a flawless eyebrow trimmer on June 15th. There is no way to contact this company. I thought when you purchased through PayPal you were protected against fraud????

Login to Me Too

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Did you open a dispute requesting a refund ?   Normally if you cannot contact the seller, then the next step is to open a dispute.  If the company still does not respond, you can elevate the dispute to a claim.

Dispute:
* Login to your account.
* Click on "Help".
* Click on "Resolution Center".

You can open a dispute if you didn’t receive your item or it’s not as described. You can open a dispute within 180 days of the transaction date.  By opening a dispute, you can communicate with your seller in the Resolution Center.  You can request a refund, return the item, and/or ask the seller to re-ship the item.   With a dispute, PayPal doesn’t get involved or decide the outcome.   If you can’t resolve the issue, you can escalate it to a claim.   You have 20 days to resolve a dispute.  After 20 days the dispute will automatically be closed and you won’t be able to re-open it.

Claim:
If you can’t reach a resolution during the dispute process, you can escalate the dispute to a claim.   When you escalate to a claim, PayPal will get involved and decide the outcome.    PayPal may email you to provide additional information or to ship the item back.

More Details:
If you’re unable to resolve your dispute, you can ask PayPal to investigate by escalating the dispute to a claim.  PayPal will review the case and decide the outcome (usually within 30 days or less).  You can escalate to a claim any time within 20 calendar days from the date the dispute was opened.  A dispute will automatically close if it isn't escalated to a claim within 20 days. Closed disputes cannot be reopened or escalated to a claim.  Please check the Resolution Center to see any messages that are part of your dispute.

Here’s how to escalate a dispute to a claim.
* Go to the Resolution Center.
* Click View next to the dispute you want to escalate.
* Click Escalate this dispute to a PayPal claim near the bottom of the page.
* Follow the instructions.
* Click Escalate to a claim.

PayPal will email you to let you know your claim was received and will continue to email you with updates and any action or information needed by you.  PayPal can usually decide cases in 30 days or less, but sometimes it can take longer.  You can always check the status of your claim by visiting the Resolution Center.

Login to Me Too

eejay1973
Contributor
Contributor
That's what I thought, I'm still out of pocket as PayPal ruled in their favour. Absolutely disgusting. Send tights not leggings and didn't send the other item and told PayPal it was delivered so they get away with it. Oh also the reason things take so long is because they are buying everything from wish.com then send it on!!!!
Login to Me Too

potter2sunnyc
New Community Member

I ordered an eyebrow product on the 8th May 2018 and its now 26th June i am still waiting for it to arrive!

Very annoyed to see that this company appear to have ripped off dozens of people but PayPal still allow the payments to go through to them.

NOT HAPPY!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Martina
Administrator
Administrator

HI potter2sunnyc,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community!

In general, if you have not received what you order you can file a claim for Item Not Received by clicking 'Report a problem' in your Resolution Centre. Here you can find the complete procedure. 

Once you file a dispute and escalated it to a claim, a seller has 10 days to respond to it giving us enough information for the claim investigation. If no information is provided within that timeframe, the case will automatically close in your favour and the money initially on hold will be taken from the seller's account definitively. If the seller provides the requested information, PayPal will review the case and take a decision. Both parties will be informed about the case outcome via email and via the Resolution Centre.

I hope this helps!

Martina 

Login to Me Too

jamesbaum
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a dispute with pay pal over Storm Media and PayPal sided with them! With all the complaints I find it hard to believe that PayPal sided with this shyster company. I have applied for a reversal with my bank but should not have to. I knew that PayPal sides with the sellers because that is where their money comes from but this is insane! It makes PayPal look crooked too!

Login to Me Too

Miser
Contributor
Contributor

Dear Community.....
I can't use this product due to personal medical issues and I can’t use the tips on my own brows which were permanently tattooed. Because of this, I unsubscribed to their constant email ads. But they continue to send them. This product had no invoice and I would like to return them. PPAL.png
I can't use this product due to personal medical issues and I can’t use the tips on my own brows which were permanently tattooed. Because of this, I unsubscribed to their constant email ads. But they continue to send them. This product had no invoice and I would like to return them. I appreciate your understanding and hope you will issue a refund. I did not have a usps address for you so I used email.. I did not have a usps address for you so I used email. My user name is Miser.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Miser

Contact the seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lgowancnm
Happened to me too! Open case with PayPal. Still have no product or money!
Login to Me Too

Louisedseven
New Community Member
Try the bank pay pal takes the money out of. I myself am going to do this as soon as it is known that I never recieved the item I purchased!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.