New to PayPal

alberpopov
New Community Member

Hi everyone. I created the account a long long time ago but just now I have the need to use it.

1.Can people send money to my account if I don't have any cards or bank accounts linked?

2.If yes, then how do I use the money to pay for things? Do I need to link a card?

3.If I do link a card and I use it to pay then where will the money come from: the bank account from where the card is or the paypal account to which the card is linked to?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alberpopov

1. Yes.

2. You may be able to use funds in your balance first or not BUT at some stage paypal will ask you to add a card to act as a back up funding souce and to verify your account.

3. If you have funds in your balance then you can spend those OR you can fund your paypal payments via a card.

In 'some' countries you can 'set' your prefered funding source this way.....

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > second down click on update next to your prefered way to pay and put a dot in one of the options listed.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.