New member - payment on hold

potusmyass
Contributor
Contributor

After almost 2o years of PayPal membership, my membership was deleted. I tried to contact PayPal but no response and certainly no help. I had to start from scratch, almost two months later and almost every incoming payment spends a week 'on hold', this is really unhelpful for my once dynamic business and there is absolutely no recourse by contacting PayPal. Each sale is sent tracked, the number is immediately uploaded but still the release of funds takes a week. How long before I can be 'trusted'

Tim

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@potusmyass 

If your previous account was banned ie permanently limited then you are not supposed to open another paypal account without c.s. permission to do so.

If you do then be careful because that one may go the same way.

Secondly as you are using a new account then paypal sees you as a new seller, info in link below.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/article/why-is-my-payment-on-hold-or-unavailable-faq1987

How long they keep you on the new seller hold is dependent on if you get any disputes / amount of money / risk factors etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

potusmyass
Contributor
Contributor

Odd that you assume that I was banned, unfortunately not.

I merely woke up to find my account had been deleted and contacting anyone at PayPal was a non-starter, neither did the utterly useless on-line chat system provide any answers to my questions 'why has my account been deleted' and 'can PayPal retrieve the situation'

Apart from providing a useless link, your assumption is wrong and you have no idea of the answer 'how long will I be treated as a new customer' ?

PayPal will be replaced with BACS transfers for my future e-business as their 'help' department does not exist.

Tim Hale

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@potusmyass 

I didn't assume it was banned which is why I started my reply with ''IF'' as that was one of the possibilities and warned you to be careful IF that was the case.

As for how long you will be treated that is up to paypal and is dependent on many factors so the link is all i could offer you.

But hey....your welcome, I will surely rush to give up my time to respond to any posts you make in the future to try and help you.............NOT.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

potusmyass
Contributor
Contributor

Well thanks, no useful information provided.

PayPal have excelled themselves, two transactions completed, items delivered, positive eBay feedback received and payments still on hold.

No logical indication of the reasons for holding onto MY money and no response from PayPal because it is impossible to contact them.

Useless, useless, useless

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@potusmyass 

Certainly not impossible to contact them, there are many options, BYE

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.