Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New login to PayPal email

Highlighted
Contributor

New login to PayPal email

Hi,

I keep receiving an email from PayPal saying "New login to PayPal - We noticed a new login with your PayPal account... Firefox OS X".  I don't use Firefox, so I quickly login to PayPal and change my password.

Over this last 3 weeks this has continued to happen, 3 times now?  Any ideas?

Thanks, Jeff

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: New login to PayPal email

Same here, seems that every time QuickBook syncs to PayPal, I now receive that message. Never happened before, just within the last week.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Yes also seeing this. Don't use QuickBooks, but do use Mint. So, that's probably it. 

Hopefully paypal/mint will switch to OAuth as they are with Citibank and some others so this issue goes away, and I can turn 2FA on in Paypal.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Happening to me also.  The login is at 1am-2am in the morning EDT.  It has happened twice with one of my 3 paypal accounts.  I forwarded the email to spoof@paypal.com and haven't heard anything back from them.

Highlighted
New Community Member

Mine was definitely Mint account sync.

I updated my password on Paypal, logged in to Mint to check, it needed my new password, and I immediately received a new login alert email when updating my Mint settings.

Highlighted
Contributor

I just got this too, same.  So I enabled two-step Auth too.  Granted do use a Mac but I use Chrome to log into Paypal not Firefox.  I don't have Mint, I used Quicken and I don't have my PayPal connected to it.

So far only one time but password is changed, questions updated and long overdue, two-step to my mobile enabled.

Firefox OS X

November 21, 12:28 AM PST

Highlighted
New Community Member

I normally get correct e-mail notifications (i.e, false positives).  What I got this morning is concerning because it was not linked to an automated process I have running on my computer.  Moreover, the message stated that the login came from a Windows 7 workstation (which I do not use).  What **bleep** me off is that unlike other companies, PayPal does not include the IP Address of the computer use for the access.  That makes this message useless.  I tried to see if there was a log I could pull to show all the recent attempts; but there does not appear to be one.  More disturbing is that my password was a 20 characters in length and considered extremely strong.  Can't reach anyone human (which IS BEYOND ABSURD THESE DAYS). Anyone have any ideas??  

Highlighted
Contributor

I have been going mad searching anything I could find about this, this morning. I noticed your date posted as well. At 3am roughly, I received the same notification stating it was from a Windows 7 desktop which I do not use. It was based out of Virginia. I have no unusual charges which shocked me. I do not use mint or quickbooks either so I am at a loss.
Highlighted
Contributor

This is making me crazy as well. Just started happening last night and every time I change my password, minutes later, the same location logs into my account and I get an email telling me I had a new log-in from a suspicious computer. What is going on?

Highlighted
New Community Member

I got one this morning -

Desktop Chrome Windows 7 NT 6.1

May 13, 05:08 AM PDT

New Jersey,US

I dont use Mint, quickbooks, or windows 7, and Im not in New Jersey.  Trying to figure out what this could be.