New account

Nasalim
New Community Member
Please tell me how can i make a new account with single name only, because in my id card and bank account only has a single name?? Thank you all
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Martin

Hi @Nasalim,

Welcome to our Community!

If you already have an account you can request a name change as follows: This is quite unique for Indonesian accounts but can also happen in other jurisdictions. 

For security reasons, we cannot remove the last name completely. You can change your name to actual name as the first name with a dot as the last name.

Please note that some banks may not accept deposits if the name on your bank account and PayPal account don’t match exactly. It’s important to contact your bank and find out if you can withdraw funds from PayPal to your bank account using the new name with the dot on your PayPal account.

To proceed, we need the following documents from you:

• A copy of a valid photo ID showing your new name and date of birth. Acceptable forms of a photo ID are a driving license, passport, or any other state or government issued photo ID.
  • A copy of a bank or a credit card statement or a utility bill showing your new name and the address listed on your PayPal account. We do not accept P.O. Box address as a valid proof of address. All proof of address documents must be dated within the last 6 months.

Here's how you can submit your documents to us:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Settings (the gear icon) near the top right corner of the page.
  3. Click Edit beside your name.
  4. Click Update your name.
  5. Select "Personal Name Change (incorrect at signup or minor name change)" and click Continue.
  6. Select "No" and click Continue.
  7. Click Upload Files and follow the instruction to send your documents to us.

I hope this helps 

Thanks

Martin

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.