New account send money to a friend receive $10 each. New Activation bonus

So twice this week I have been seeing adds in my PayPal app, the first one I will get $10 off my first purchase using my new activated PayPal account. So I decided to use new paypal account to pay for Dominos, well I didn't get the $10 off. Customer service asked me for a screen shot and I couldn't provide one. Next issue, I saw an add saying, if I get a friend to open a new account, and I send him money, even 1cent, that we would both get $10 bonuses. Well I sat with my buddy and walked him through making an account, then I sent him money, and neither of us got $10. And now I can't find where I read that anymore. What's going on? Oh and I can't get ahold of customer service, the help, contact us is a never ending loophole of questions.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Crypto_BitDaddy 

Read this for how to get bonus:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/invite/terms

There is more to it than signing up, sending a friend a penny and friend signing up to claim the penny. More things have to be done.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Besides the referral, the other issue was me not getting the $10 on my first PayPal purchase, I spent $18 and didn't see the bonus anywhere. I have researched more about the referal, and having your friend spend $5, but the add I read didn't mention that or *see terms of whatever either, and someone even said a rep agreed were right about it
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.