New account for my daughter

tomago49
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to establish a new account for my daughter to use who lives in another country, but have it billed to my credit card, how do I go about doing that?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tomago49 

This complicates things since PayPal accounts are country specific.

Its important to note that the PayPal account holder/owner info, and the added financial info must match and based in the country of account holder/owner.

Add a phone number but do not label it as mobile number nor enable the sms features; just have a strong but memorable password without saving it on devices. She might be asked to change password since the account is being used outside of the country its created. Remember that you, the account owner are responsible for any liabilities with that account.

Or wait until she can open her own account. Also users must be over 18.

PayPal could limit the account asking for your photo id and documents to verify identity of account holder.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@tomago49 

This complicates things since PayPal accounts are country specific.

Its important to note that the PayPal account holder/owner info, and the added financial info must match and based in the country of account holder/owner.

Add a phone number but do not label it as mobile number nor enable the sms features; just have a strong but memorable password without saving it on devices. She might be asked to change password since the account is being used outside of the country its created. Remember that you, the account owner are responsible for any liabilities with that account.

Or wait until she can open her own account. Also users must be over 18.

PayPal could limit the account asking for your photo id and documents to verify identity of account holder.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.