(New User UK Account) What fees are imposed for receiving 1000 euros

Geom67
Contributor
Contributor

Hello all,

What fees are imposed for receiving 1000 euros from my friend in Italy? Thank you

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Geom67
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much, the thing is now my friend sent 725 pounds and it’s locked under review!

I’m abroad and I need 6 different heart medications today, so I hope you can relay my dire situation to those who have the power within your organisation, and that they may see fit to unlock the money sent to me for purchasing those expensive yet lifesaving medicine.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Geom67 

Sadly paypal is country specific so if you suddenly start using it in another country paypal would require proof of id etc to make sure its not a scammer thats using your account internationally OR they will review it for IP addresses etc.

You may not be able to withdraw funds from a UK bank account internationally OR to an Italian bank account.

I have no more influence with paypal than you do as this is just a user to user advice forum.

Your best bet is to contact customer services OR get someone in the UK that you 100% trust to withdraw the funds for you if the review is lifted.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.