New $5.99 Fee for International Money Transfers

tbjsexton
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paypal and Community,

I just noticed the new $5.99 fee for international money transfers and was really disappointed.  I live in Australia and have family in the US.  From time to time I need to sent $20 or $30 to a family member to buy something for me or to reimburse them for something.  Formerly Paypal was the best way to do this.  Now, with the additional $5.99 fee, it is way too expensive to transfer money this way and I will have to look for a new way to transfer funds.  What was a very valuable service for loyal Paypal customers to transfer funds, has now become impractical to use.  What is strange to me is that you already increased your exchange rate fee to 2.6%, which was reasonable, but now with the additional $5.99 per transaction it is not worth sending funds through Paypal as I have been doing.  What is going on with this?  Is the goal to discourage Paypal customers from making international monetary transfers through Paypal?  Has it become more expensive for Paypal to carry out these transactions?  Or is it simply an attempt to increase profits?  My guess would be that you will lose business because of the additional fee.  I know that I will no longer be able to use the service for small money transfers.  My purpose in writing this is to hopefully encourage Paypal to reconsider the $5.99 fee and give your loyal customers a break by providing the service to us for the standard money transfer exchange rate.  Thanks for rethinking...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.