Needing help, Casual seller on ebay, new to this. Dont know what I should do

BarbaralRedmon
New Community Member

I am new to Ebay and Paypal, I been told there are 3 types of paypal accounts, Personal, Premier, or Business, I have like 12 different items that I am wanting to sell on Ebay, on google majority of people said that Premier account would be best opition due to being an "casual seller" but when I created my account I only see personal and business. I do not own a business account, and i seen online where if you have a personal account you cant accept payments from ebay? is that true? what is the BEST account that I should have if I am just a casual seller on ebay? & how would this work? do I just add my bank account # and when I sell something on Ebay and get paid it goes into my account immediately? like i said i am new to all of this and I just want to be able to sell a few items, but I don't really understand paypal since this is my first time using it. Can you please help make this simple and easy for me to set up, so i can sell a few items on ebay and help me so I can set my account up correctly so I can get paid 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BarbaralRedmon

Paypal only offer 2 accounts now, personal or business.

You can sell on Ebay on a personal account (I do), you only need a business account if you are a high volume seller or a registered business.

When you start to sell make sure you have 'linked' your Ebay and Paypal accounts and then put the correct email address in the payments section for Paypal when you start to list your items.

Buyers pay to that email address and it will show in your Paypal account balance, you can then withdraw the funds to any funding source that is allowable in the country you are in.

However you would probably have to go through the 'new seller hold' first so you need to read up on that on Ebays site so you are aware how it works and then also read up on seller protection so you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BarbaralRedmon

Paypal only offer 2 accounts now, personal or business.

You can sell on Ebay on a personal account (I do), you only need a business account if you are a high volume seller or a registered business.

When you start to sell make sure you have 'linked' your Ebay and Paypal accounts and then put the correct email address in the payments section for Paypal when you start to list your items.

Buyers pay to that email address and it will show in your Paypal account balance, you can then withdraw the funds to any funding source that is allowable in the country you are in.

However you would probably have to go through the 'new seller hold' first so you need to read up on that on Ebays site so you are aware how it works and then also read up on seller protection so you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CheriByGrace
Contributor
Contributor

I started out 25+ years ago as a high volume seller with a business account. But I haven’t been selling high volume for many years. How do I change my account to a personal account? Will I pay less fees when I do? I’ve always wondered why I’ve had to pay so much in fees even if the dad simply sends my son a few dollars? Maybe I’ve been overpaying all this time? Can anyone help? Also, what counts as “high volume”?  Thank you!! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.