Need to call the 866 hotline. How do I find my account number?

cdevidal
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I checked my statement 🙂 The only thing resembling an account number on my statement is a "Merchant Account ID" which is not a 16 digit number number as the hotline demands but a string of 13 alpha-numeric characters with a format like ABC123...

I used the phone keypad for the letters, so for example 8 for T and 2 for B. The hotline did not accept that and it also refused to accept the phone number that is listed in my profile.

So I cannot seem to call the hotline for support. Help please?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cdevidal

Paypal accounts don't have account numbers, your paypal email address identifies your paypal account.

But are you meaning the code to phone customer services??

If you do then go to help / contact and scroll down past the FAQ and click to get the phone number and you should get a code to get through more quickly at the same time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@cdevidal

Paypal accounts don't have account numbers, your paypal email address identifies your paypal account.

But are you meaning the code to phone customer services??

If you do then go to help / contact and scroll down past the FAQ and click to get the phone number and you should get a code to get through more quickly at the same time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

cdevidal
Contributor
Contributor

That was the right solution. I think I was calling the wrong phone number, because this is an 888 phone number.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.