Nationality?

CoffeeAndYarn
Contributor
Contributor

The Account's holder information section asks for my nationality. I'm argentinian but I reside in Uruguay. My business is registered in Uruguay too. I should choose Uruguay and enter my Uruguay ID card, right? 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 7.27.51 PM.png

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

CoffeeAndYarn
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but that info doesn't solve my question.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CoffeeAndYarn

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

CoffeeAndYarn
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks but that doesn't solve my question. I did open the account in PayPal with country set in Uruguay (it shows Uruguay flag icon at the bottom).

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@CoffeeAndYarn

Fine so what is the problem?

You asked if you should open a Uruquay account as that is where you were residing and we said yes.........so??

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @CoffeeAndYarn,

I'm sorry for any confusion. I'm happy to clarify! If you're residing in Uruguay and have established your account selecting Uruguay for registration, that is correct. If you're being prompted to fill in a Nationality, that may be different from the country of registration. If your identity documents are issued in a different country due to that being your original country, then you can specify that in the Nationality field.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.