NON-US: "Sorry we couldn't confirm it's you" issue.

juanall
New Community Member

Hi there!

I created a second account yesterday for a side venture. Different email address,  but same name. I was able to successfully create it, verify it, and then I added another email address. I was then side tracked - I had to make a test purchase on our website so I logged out of the second account and then logged in to my first account to make the test purchase. I used the same browser so that was probably a huge mistake.

When I tried logging back in to the second account to attach a debit card to it, my password no longer works. I kept trying until I was locked out. So I tried reset password and it said "Sorry we couldn't confirm it's you". I waited a few hours and tried again, to no luck. I tried clearing cache and cookies; tried a different browser; tried a different Internet connection - nothing worked.

So I tried calling them. A bot answered and it made me jump through hoops to reach a human being only to be told in the end that the queue was too long. It then offered to call me, but when I tried giving it my number, it wouldn't accept it. (Probably because it's a Non-US number.)

So I tried contacting them via the local Facebook page private message but again only a bot answered saying I was in the queue.

Is there any way possible for me to fix this myself?

I feel like it could take days or even *gasp* weeks before a real human support representative actually reaches out to me about this so if there's any way at all for me to fix this myself, I'd be more than happy to do it.

Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.