My Account Was Hacked

User20052018
New Community Member

I have had this account since 2005, but have only been using it to make money transfer since 2014, the money transfers i make are not frequent, and i only made them to one contact ever.

I logged into my account yesterday, and saw that somebody added ( in the "Send Payments" section ) 2 contacts that i don't recognize, and WERE NOT ADDED BY ME :

Ralph <removed> ( <removed> )

Michael <removed> ( <removed> )

I removed them immediately to prevent any unauthorized money transfers from my account;  When i called Paypal Israel on the 1.8.2018, to ask them who added those contacts, at first they tried to say these might be people that i sent money to in the past, and when i replied that it is absolutely excluded, and that i can prove it with my statements going back years.

They said they didn't see anything unusual,  and refused my offer to send them the screenshots showing those contacts in my account, and repeated that they don't see anything, and weren't even interested to investigate it.

My password wasn't changed when this happened, and i was still access my account with my old password.

Paypal Israel's response seems to me strange and odd, especially since the guy i spoke to was from their fraud and security department, which means that he was supposed to at least investigate this, but didn't want to investigate anything.

This is the first time such a thing happened to me since i had this account, and it seems that who ever did that, had access from withing Paypal's systems.

Has anyone else had a similar situation ?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.