Moving Countries

RaulRod
Contributor
Contributor

I am moving from New Zealand to the UK.

- Will I need to open a new PayPal account in the UK or can I just add another bank to my current account?

-  Am I able to send money to my new bank account / UK PayPal from my NZ PayPal? (like a currency exchange?)

Thanks a million 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RaulRod 

You are allowed a max of 2 paypal accounts but only if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type you risk them both being limited.

Yes you can send between the 2 and your best bet is to use the friends / family option and make sure the currency you are sending is one that the other account can accept.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RaulRod 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

RaulRod
Contributor
Contributor

Yes thank you for that. But am I able to have two Paypals ? One in NZ and one in the UK as I will be travelling and living in both. And am I able to send the money between the two?

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RaulRod 

You are allowed a max of 2 paypal accounts but only if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type you risk them both being limited.

Yes you can send between the 2 and your best bet is to use the friends / family option and make sure the currency you are sending is one that the other account can accept.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.