Money being held before i send phone to Nigeria?

Tladysmith84
Contributor
Contributor

I received this so-called email alert pertaining to an iPhone I am selling via Craigslist. It basically stated that money is being withheld until I sent off item to Nigeria. This is certainly scammish, and I feel as if this individual who (mind you)Iives in the states but wants me to send it across the water.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Typical scam - skip this deal altogether - when it comes to phones, electronics and other high end items - the combination of placing an add on Craigslist, payment via PayPal or the mention of Western Union or a 3rd party shipping service or a contact in the US then wants you to ship the item out of the country is a "red flag".

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Anonymous_User
Not applicable

Typical scam - skip this deal altogether - when it comes to phones, electronics and other high end items - the combination of placing an add on Craigslist, payment via PayPal or the mention of Western Union or a 3rd party shipping service or a contact in the US then wants you to ship the item out of the country is a "red flag".

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.